Sunday, August 29, 2010

Marriage

hey again. a friend asked me if i blog about marriage. couldn't remember if i did or didn't but i will now. i had to search for the right thing to say and look within my own marriage to give truth and my own experience. i have never said i was perfect and we always joke that it takes a strong person to deal with us, well for me, it does. so here is a scripture i hope will help some...

It's better to have a partner than go it alone
Share the work, share the wealth
And if one falls down, the other helps,
But if there's no one to help, tough!
Two in a bed warm each other.
Alone, you shiver all night.
By yourself, you're unprotected
With a friend (spouse) you can face the worst.
Can you round up a third?
A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

I took it that the three stranded rope is God, Husband and Wife.
Hold onto that person who has and always will be there. If i had to struggle and go through the things i have, God couldn't have picked a better man. I love my husband and i know for a fact that he loves me too. through thick and thin. believe me, we are living that! love you Karen, hope you like this!

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Sunshine! Kudos! Marriage is what the two ppl joined together make it. I think unless you have traveled down the road of "I DO" you should not be able to say what you would and wouldn't do in a marriage. For it takes a lot of different skins to make a marriage work and to work a marriage. In my marriage we have some bad days BUT our good days outweigh them and guess what...I WONT COMPLAIN!
    Signed A Wife never the wifey (a wanna be wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Karen's korner spoken like a true wife. i love that!! different skins! bible

    ReplyDelete